Latissimus dorsi exercise method, how to practice latissimus dorsi
how to exercise the latissimus dorsi. The broadest muscle in the whole body should be the latissimus dorsi. It occupies the lower half of the back and the chest. Its main function is to extend, rotate and retract the upper arm and lift the ribs. You should know that practicing latissimus dorsi can make your back tall and straight and make your body more fit. Let's take a look at the exercise methods of latissimus dorsi!
latissimus dorsi pull down
1. Hold the handles at both ends of the upper horizontal bar with both hands, the palms outward, the distance between the two hands is wider than the shoulder, and the thumb is upward.
2. Sit down on your lower body, step on the ground with your feet steadily, and lean your upper body back slightly to form an arch.
3. Inhale and pull down the cross bar vertically from the upper position to the anterior sternum
4. Pause for 2-3 seconds, and use equal force on both arms to avoid jerking or uncontrolled relaxation
5. Exhale, restore slowly along the original path, repeat, pay attention not to swing the upper body greatly, and the handle moves vertically up and down.
1. Pulling the handle to the back of the head will cause too much force on the shoulder joint capsule and neck and injury.
2. Keep your head up and chest up during the movement to avoid leaning back.
1. Palm inward, hold the horizontal bar with both hands the same width as the shoulder, bend your knees slightly when hanging, and look directly at the front and top.
2. Smoothly pull the body up until the jaw is at the same height as the bar.
3. Then slowly lower the body to the initial position and complete the whole action when the arm is extended.
1. When descending to the original position, if the speed is too fast, it will lead to excessive extension of the elbow joint and dislocation of the shoulder joint.
2. After being proficient, you can try to pull up with the palm outward, which can better stimulate the medial latissimus dorsi muscle.
barbell bow rowing
1. Stand at a wide distance, with hands in front of each other, the grip distance is slightly wider than the shoulder, and the arms are completely straight; Bend your knees slightly, bend your back from your hips and keep your body at a 45 degree angle; Hold the bell in front of you, slightly below your knees.
2. Tighten the shoulder blades, tighten the whole upper body, and lift the barbell to the upper abdomen.
3. Pause slightly, then slowly ring down and return to the starting position; Repeat until you complete a set of exercises.
1. This action has a more obvious stimulating effect on the middle (i.e. medial) of latissimus dorsi.
2. Pay attention to the slight carelessness, which is easy to hurt the waist and lower back. Therefore, keep the back tight during the whole lifting action, keep good control over the barbell, and be sure not to lift the barbell sharply or drop it suddenly.
3. The front grip has a wide grip distance, which can lift the barbell higher along the body and increase the thickness of the upper latissimus dorsi, middle trapezius and rhomboid muscles; The close reverse grip can only lift the barbell to the height of the navel, but it can better impact the lower latissimus dorsi, and the biceps also participate, so it also disperses the strength of the back.
prone push up
1. Lie prone on the stool surface, hook the fixed horizontal bar with your heels, abduct your elbows, and wrap your hands around your chest.
2. Bend the trunk forward until the lower back muscles are fully extended. Then focus on the contraction force of the lower back muscles and lift the trunk up to a horizontal position with the ground.
prone push-up can be regarded as the basic action for training latissimus dorsi. It should be noted that the action should be stable and slightly slow, and the load should be lighter and more times.
single arm dumbbell rowing
1. Bend one knee, kneel on the bench, and support your body with your hands on the same side. The upper body is tilted forward and fixed, the abdomen is closed, the chest is raised, and the waist is straight.
2. During exercise, the arm is close to one side of the body, pull up to the limit position of the highest point, feel the latissimus dorsi fully tightened, stay at the highest point for a short time for 2-4 seconds, then slowly fall to the vertical position between the arm and the ground, and bend the elbow slightly.
1. Use a dumbbell to exercise the latissimus dorsi by rowing, and pay attention to consciously contracting the back muscles rather than the arm muscles.
2. Don't shake and twist your body during exercise. Keep left and right symmetry during exercise to avoid injury to the lumbar spine. Exhale when you pull the dumbbell up and inhale when you lower it down.
Smith leaned over to row
1. Stand close to the horizontal bar of Smith machine and adjust the baffle of Smith machine to the height of knee or lower; Wide standing position, with the body bent forward from the hip; Bend your knees slightly until your upper body forms a 45 degree angle with the ground, and your shoulders should go forward beyond the horizontal bar; Both hands are holding, the holding distance is slightly wider than the shoulder, and the arms are completely straight.
2. Before pulling up the bar seal, contract the back muscles to keep the spine bent normally. At the same time, contract the gluteus maximus and carcass rope muscles, so as to keep the body at a 45 degree angle.
3. Take a deep breath, hold your breath while putting down the seal, and straighten your arms at the beginning, but don't lock them.
4. Drive the instrument with your elbow and pull the barbell up as high as possible with the muscles of your back and shoulder until it touches your upper abdomen; Pause for a while, and then lower the barbell to its initial position in a controlled manner.
1. Smith's bow rowing can well increase the thickness of latissimus dorsi.
2. Don't lift your upper body during the action, but always keep the posture level with the ground or slightly upward, especially during the pulling action.
3. The grip distance is wider than the shoulder width so that the elbow can exceed the back and fully contract during pulling up. This is the key to maximizing the contraction of the latissimus dorsi, especially the upper part of the latissimus dorsi.
4. To prevent lower back injury, keep your back tight all the time. If the spine is completely bent when pulling up, it is very dangerous for the lower back.
standing straight arm pull-down
1. Stand with your feet the same width as the inside of your shoulders, face the trainer, hold your hands, hands the same width as your shoulders, straighten your arms, keep your back straight, lean your upper body slightly forward and tighten your abdomen.
2. Inhale, hold the bar with both hands, extend or slightly bend the elbow, the bending range should not be obvious, and pull down the horizontal bar to contact the front of the thigh.
3. Inhale and control the strength to make the horizontal bar return to the starting position at a uniform speed, keeping the posture of both arms unchanged.
1. The straight arm pull-down in standing posture is mainly used to exercise the lower part of latissimus dorsi, which is obviously different from the arm flexion pull-down. The arm flexion pull-down is a concentrated exercise of triceps brachii, so pay attention to the standard of action.
2. Don't weigh too much. Keep your wrists straight so that the force on your arms will be reduced and the force on your back will be concentrated.