Why does chest training affect the growth of young people
The purpose of many people's fitness is to practice perfect and sexy chest muscles. Even some teenagers join this team. However, some people worry that practicing chest muscles will affect their height and lead to low growth. Is it true that practicing chest muscles will not grow high?
Isn't it high to practice chest muscles
It depends on the intensity of exercise and the crowd. Whether chest muscle exercise will lead to low growth depends on the exercise intensity and the exercise population. For adults, there is no problem of high growth, but teenagers in the growth period are different. Appropriate chest muscle training can actually help to grow high, but excessive load training may lead to low growth.
Why does chest muscle training affect teenagers' height
Reasons for promoting height
When exercising chest muscles, the intensity of exercise is generally unlikely to affect the growth of muscles and bones. Moreover, when exercising chest muscles, an appropriate amount of strength exercise can promote cell activation, release auxin and promote physical development. Just control the exercise intensity. In addition, diet and nutrition can keep up, which actually promotes height.
Cause of low length
For adolescents whose epiphyseal line is not closed, all parts of the body are not mature. High-intensity exercise will cause damage to the cartilage between joints, hinder the normal growth of bone, and then affect the growth of height. Moreover, excessive or improper exercise in chest muscle exercise will reduce a variety of endocrine hormones such as human growth hormone, which will have a bad impact on the development of height. In particular, the weight-bearing exercise of barbell lifting will compress the bone and affect bone development, which is easy to affect the height and even lead to low growth.
How to avoid not growing high in chest muscle training
In fact, teenagers should not carry out a large number of high-intensity chest muscle exercises too early, but if they must, they should do the following work to avoid the situation of low growth.
Pay attention to exercise intensity
If you want to practice your chest muscles during growth and development, you should pay attention to mastering the exercise intensity, do not exercise too much, the time of each exercise should not be too long, and the number of exercise groups should not be too many.
Select the appropriate fitness program
Although it is best to carry out high-intensity weight-bearing training for chest muscle training, if you don't want to affect your height, it is recommended to choose some light load and medium load sports, such as running, jumping, unarmed squatting, push ups and other simple muscle training projects, and don't carry out weight-bearing training such as barbell bench press.
Ensure dietary nutrition
The most important thing is to ensure adequate dietary nutrition and supplement high protein foods, such as milk, eggs, fish, lean meat and enough vegetables and fruits. Eat less sugar and salt, and pay attention not to eat too late or too full for dinner. In addition, the formation of bone also requires sufficient calcium, phosphorus and trace manganese and iron, mainly dairy products, eggs, fish, shellfish, tofu and beans, sesame paste, pumpkin seeds, etc.
Get enough sleep
To ensure adequate sleep can more fully stimulate the secretion of growth hormone and bone growth, and sufficient sleep can have sufficient energy to exercise. That kind of exercise effect is the best. The sleep time of teenagers and children should not be less than 8 hours.
Do some exercises conducive to height
Sports that contribute to long height include playing basketball, long jump, high jump, rope skipping, frog jumping, pull-up, etc. Therefore, teenagers who can grow and develop can carry out these exercises, which can not only help grow tall, but also help the effect of chest muscle exercise.
What are the sports that help you grow tall
1. Swimming, jogging, fast walking, cycling, ball games and other aerobic exercises.
2. Rope skipping, rubber band skipping, frog leaping, vertical leaping and touching, etc.
3. Pull up, Taijiquan, kicking and other stretching exercises.
What should we pay attention to in youth sports
1. It is not suitable to carry out weight-bearing training before the age of 15 and 16. In this age group, we can promote the development and growth of chest muscles by doing more sports (such as jumping, whole-body and stretching). 15. After the age of 16, you can strengthen muscle tissue and strength through moderate weight-bearing training. Generally speaking, it's OK to bear no more than half of your weight.
2. Height is related to epiphyseal line, nutrition, sleep, genetics and other factors. If you don't want to grow tall, you should pay attention to nutritional supplement and adequate sleep during adolescence, and then match with some sports to promote height.
3. Teenagers should not practice chest muscles too early. If they must practice, it is recommended to do push ups, parallel bars arm flexion and extension and other exercises. It is not suitable for weight-bearing training such as barbell push ups.